You have 2 questions on your mind right now:
- “Can this guy help me?”
- “What will it cost me?”
Great questions. Let’s get stuck into them.
On This Page:
But first, I’ve got 4 questions for you:
- What is your goal? What does success look like?
- What’s standing in your way of achieving this goal?
- What’s that goal worth to you?
- When would you like that goal achieved?
Once you’ve got those sorted, can you say “YES!” to any of the following 7 questions?
What Do You Need?
- Do you have growth ambitions for your business, somewhere you want to take it over the next 3-6 months?
- Do you have a myriad of marketing/advertising options in front of you but you want to make the right choices because you hate to waste money?
- Are you wearing a lot of hats right now, and the marketing hat just doesn’t fit so you’re reaching out for help?
- Is your business not quite ready to employ a full-time Sales and Marketing Manager (with the $150k-$300k/annum price tag) but you still have growth ambitions and targets?
- Do you need in-person input into marketing strategy and planning?
- Do you need to make steady progress through a number of marketing projects and activities designed to grow your company?
- Do you need someone with the right skills and experience to help you to generate (and work through) a to-do list of high-value tasks?
If you answered “YES!” to any of those questions, then let’s Get Started
How The Process Works, In 3 Steps
#1. Let’s write down your goals
- Where are we headed with this business?
- What does success look like?
- What are your growth targets?
- How many customers/clients do you need each month/week?
- How big will your team be?
- What is the value of 1 customer over their lifetime?
#2. Let’s write down a to-do list
- We’ll generate a long list of tasks that will help us achieve those goals
- We’ll prioritise that list and ensure the highest value tasks are at the top
- We’ll decide who does what
- Either me (because of my skills and experience)
- You and your team (I provide you with a how-to guide with instructions and videos)
- 3rd party specialists you/I know and trust (for Google Adwords or graphic design for example)
- We’ll get it done and make progress every week
#3. Let’s review our progress often
- Have the goals changed?
- Is the prioritised to-do list in the right order? What’s the next task/project? Why should that be next?
- Let’s be open to changing course if necessary
4 Examples Of Marketing Goals We Might Set
Now let’s have a closer look at a few examples of what you might need and where we should start.
#1. Want to increase your volume of enquiry?
Here are 9 ways we can do that:
- Let’s review (and improve) what you say about your business and your services (on the phone, in person, on your website, in advertising etc)
- Let’s make it easier for prospects to reach out to you (eg is your phone number on every webpage? Does every page have a “call-to-action”? Do your contact forms actually work?)
- Let’s reduce barriers and risk for your potential customers (eg do you have an FAQ’s page and a reputation page with glowing testimonials from people just like them?)
- Let’s improve trust by adding 50 testimonials to your website/marketing material to erase any doubt that you are the best choice, and by getting articles written about you in the media
- Let’s ensure your advertisements (print/radio/web/outdoor etc) are written from the customers perspective and what’s in it for them, rather than your perspective and what you are trying to sell
- Let’s remove bland, anonymous, corporate, american stock photography from your website/marketing material and take real photos of your team, your business and your services
- Let’s create long-form, high-value articles/content for your website that demonstrates your expertise and draws prospects to you (once they are in place, Google sends you free traffic for years)
- Let’s review your social media activity and provide one of your team with a cost-effective template to follow
- Let’s trial Cost-Per-Click advertising using networks such as Google Adwords and Facebook. Let’s consider programmatic advertising to reach people using their smart phones in physical locations we choose
#2. Want to increase profitability?
- Let’s increase the perceived value of what you do
- Let’s re-bundle and re-price your product/service combinations
- Let’s start measuring results and cutting out low-performing mediums (I’m looking at you YellowPages)
#3. Want to increase conversion of enquiries to sales?
- Let’s revisit what you think the key benefits of your service are. And then let’s ask your customers
- Let’s address objections head-on. What are your prospects worried about? What’s stopping them reaching out?
- Let’s role-play sales scenarios to ensure you and your entire team are prepared to convert prospects into clients
- Let’s review your service from a first-time customers point of view and ensure the process is smooth, painless, professional and remarkable
#4. Want to improve customer retention and total-lifetime-value?
- Let’s review “touch-points” over the customer lifetime and improve their impact
- Let’s interview your customers/clients and get feedback on their experience to-date and their ideas for improvement
- Let’s interview your team and ask for their ideas on how to improve service and what would improve their own job satisfaction (a happy team makes happy clients)
Sound good so far?
17 Examples Of The Activities We Might Work On
- Generating ideas to improve your marketing and advertising
- this is my favourite bit!
- Analysis of your business and your marketing to date
- The output is a prioritised to-do list on how to improve
- Market Research
- into your industry
- your competitors
- and your target customers/clients
- Marketing Plans and Advertising Campaign Plans:
- From this list of 64 ways to advertise, we’ll determine the best combination for you
- Creation of advertisements including content and graphics. For example:
- Letters for direct mail
- Email content
- Flyers, Brochures
- Newspaper Ads
- Improving your current website:
- Turn Your Website Into A Sales Machine
- Driving quality traffic to your website using Search Engine Optimisation, and Cost-Per-Click with Google Adwords and Facebook
- Persuasive copywriting that sucks money right out of your customers wallets
- Converting more web visitors into clients (using the latest usability research, sales & conversion techniques)
- Email Marketing (using MailChimp)
- That maintains client relationships and prompts action
- To automate and systemise parts of your business
- To decrease admin time
- To improve productivity
- To enable customers/clients to serve themselves
- Getting newspaper stories written about you and your business
- Determining the newsworthy elements of your story and what you do
- Writing media releases to tell that story
- Following up with editors to increase the chances of your story appearing in print
- Create a new website (or mini-website)
- With a focus on persuasive content, supporting graphics, and a clear call-to-action
- Customer Surveys
- That don’t just measure satisfaction but generate satisfaction
- Advice on strategies for Social Media for business
- Creating Marketing Collateral
- business cards, brochures, flyers etc
- Creating new brand names or product names and the design of logos
- Sales Training & Role Play
- For improving your sales technique over the phone/email/in-person
- Organisation of your next trade show exhibit
- Written reports to summarise findings from research, campaign results, and what action we need to take next
How Much Does It Cost?
There are 2 components:
- My fee:
- Once we’ve talked over the phone (or in person) and I’m certain that I can deliver on your goals, I’ll give you 2 fee options to choose from
- Allocate a budget for additional expenses such as hiring specialists, off-set printing, graphic design, advertising etc
- Together, you and I agree on these expenses ahead of time
- It most cases you pay them directly, or their invoices can go through me (I may add on a few percent to compensate me for the extra admin)
Ready To Get Started?
Well, the next step is that I need to hear your story, so pick up the phone and give me (Sheldon) a call: (07) 575 8799 or 021 128 5046.
Or fill in this form and I’ll call you back: