Hi, I’m Sheldon Nesdale.
Now is the time to invest in improving and strengthening your business. Not tomorrow. Not next year. Today.
Clients I’ve Helped Recently
- A law firm (7 staff) who wanted to embrace the latest marketing techniques to increase demand for their services by telling their story in a unique, persuasive way
- A trust manager who wanted to increase the impact into the community using funds they distribute by overhauling the trusts marketing, advertising and communication with stakeholders
- A newly appointed General Manager of a team of 6 educators (and a network of 15 tutors) who needed all marketing and advertising updated with the latest techniques but with a focus on ROI
- A small business (5 staff) in 2 locations who wanted to overhaul their marketing to increase revenue, grow their team, and help more children to overcome learning difficulties
- A business man (3 staff + contractors) who wanted to triple his revenue by automating and streamlining his sales process with the goal to eventually exit via a Trade Sale
- An airport shuttle driver who wanted to start his own business (he now has 3 vans and a website that is virtually a cash machine)
- An manager of a small team (of 4) who wanted to automate and streamline the marketing for his correspondence course (he now has a marketing/advertising formula that generates $28.76 in profit for every $1 he puts in)
- An accountant (6 staff) who wanted to run seminars to get more clients
- A hardwood floor refinishing franchise (husband-and-wife team) that wanted to grow nationally
- A business analyst at a bank who wanted to quit and start his own home-based marketing business
- A nursing recruiter who wanted to use online search advertising (Google Adwords) to attract nurses to Wellington from the UK
- A drug testing service who wanted cold calling strategies to sell his services to large employers
- A shoe repair shop owner (4 staff) who wanted content for email newsletters that brought customers in the next day
- An aerial photographer who wanted to test market demand for his service and develop his selling and networking skills
- The CEO of a non-profit (10 staff + 20 volunteers) working with people with disabilities who wanted growth strategies for 4 commercial business units
I can help you if you are in one of the following types of businesses:
- Do you have a small business (you + a few employees)?
- If so, I can probably help:
- If you are deeply passionate about your business, let’s talk.
- If you are a bit bored of it and just want someone to fix it, don’t bother.
- Do you have a medium sized business (you + 5 to 20 employees)?
- If so, I can definitely help. This is my niche, where I can make the most impact and add the most value
- Already have a marketing manager? Great! A little outside input and a fresh perspective is all you need, let’s talk
- Don’t have a full-time marketing manager? That’s fine, you’ll be getting input from a variety of people already, but it may be time to review your marketing to date, set some new goals and prioritise the next steps. Sound good? Let’s talk
- Do you have a larger business (you and 20+ employees)?
- If so, I might be able to help – call me and we can talk about your project
If I can’t help you, then I probably know someone that can:
I’ve put in a huge effort to connect with 100’s and 1000’s of business people in Tauranga (and other cities) over the last 2 years.
The result is that I’ve met 100’s of people, both local and based in other cities, that I have come to know and trust.
If your business needs something that I can’t provide you with, then I probably know someone who can help you.
You may be wondering “Is Sheldon qualified to help me with my business?”
Yes, I think so. For 6 reasons:
- To start with, I’m a darn good listener
- I’ll ask you probing questions to get to the heart of what you want to achieve
- God gave me 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason, I’m here to hear twice as much as I talk
- Secondly, I cut-the-crap and get to the point
- Once I understand what you need, if I can’t help, I’ll tell you. And I’ll probably be able to refer you on to someone who can help
- If I think I can help, then great!
- Third, I have been living and breathing marketing since 2002. I just love it!
- It started with 4 years at Waikato University where I completed a Bachelor of Electronic Commerce with 1st class honours, majoring in Marketing and Communications
- For 9 months I worked for a web design company here in Tauranga
- For 3 years I worked as a Marketing Executive for a group of companies here in Tauranga
- And since then I’m a Marketing Consultant and Small/Medium Business Coach, ready and willing to work with you on your business
- Marketing Campaign Strategies – I’ve helped develop 42 marketing campaign strategies
- Advertising Mediums – I’ve had experience with just about every marketing and advertising medium you can think of (Related Article: 60 ways to advertise your business)
- Websites – I’ve built 24 websites from the ground up (websites are one of my favourite advertising mediums). (Related Article: How to build a website that wins you business)
- Fourth, I love business, and I’d love to hear about yours
- I’ve interviewed 243 people about their businesses, and I’ve added value where I can
- Businesses are glorious, complex puzzles that I love to understand and improve
- Fifth, I love to learn
- I read a lot of business books: On average I’ve read about 1 every week since August 2008 (read summaries of my favourite business books). For a few dollars I get to reach into the minds of the greatest business people and steal their ideas, what a privilege!
- I’ve invested $50,000 in my brain through tertiary education:
- MBA: Masters in Business Administration (2011, Waikato University)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Business Management (2009, Waikato University)
- Bachelor of Electronic Commerce – Majoring in Marketing and Communications, 1st Class Honours (2006, Waikato University)
- And I’d love to learn how your business works and what challenges you are facing. I’d like to help
- Sixth, I’ve been involved with a number of non-profit committees to provide support and to build up my governance experience
- Board of Trustees at Matua Primary School
- Committee for the Tauranga Budget Advisory Service
- Co-chair of Tauranga X Ltd which runs TEDxTauranga
- Business mentor with Business Mentors New Zealand
- Lead organiser for StartUp Weekend Tauranga
- Committee for the Tauranga Club
- Volunteered as a business mentor for high school kids in the Lion Foundation Young Enterprise Scheme
- Volunteered my time to 4Good.org.nz which is a charity that collects donations for other charities
- I worked with Neighbourhood Support for Papamoa, Mount Maunganui, South Tauranga advising them on how to streamline their email communication