“When I look at your blog I can almost see the tumbleweed rolling through…”
Are visitors to your website thinking that?
If you have a blog section on your website, at some point you thought it was a good idea to get one.
You might call it your “news section” or your “article section”, they are all the same thing.
You were probably told one, or all, of these reasons.
3 Reasons Why Writing New Articles For Your Blog Is Good For Your Business
- “Your blog will get you better Google rankings for your website. Better rankings = more traffic = more sales”
- “Your blog will establish your credibility, expertise and leadership in your industry”
- “Your blog will keep content flowing to your customers and potential customers and remind them to buy from you”
They are all great reasons.
So why don’t you keep it updated?
How long has it been since your last article?
- A month?
- 3 months?
- A year?
- More than a year?
The longer it’s been, the worse you look.
In fact, a stale blog can actually damage your business.
4 Reasons Why A Stale Blog Can Damage Your Business
- Gives a bad impression: It looks like you start things but don’t finish them. Potential customers might assume you’ll treat them like that too
- Lowers trust: Customers might assume that if your articles/news/blog is out of date then other info on your website might be out of date too – this lowers trust
- Less Google love: Google loves fresh content, without fresh content, Google will visit your site less often
- You are easy to forget: Subscribers will forget about you. It might have taken just one more article to tip a potential customer over the edge to make a sale, but you didn’t write one today, so you’ll never know
If I’m considering purchasing a product or service and I see a blog on their website, I’ll click on it to check when the last article was written.
If it was written months ago, or even years ago, that’s a bad sign, and a huge red mark against them.
So why did you stop updating it?
3 Reasons Why You Stopped Updating Your Blog
- Because you are too busy fighting fires every day, you have no time to spend 1 hour, or 2 hours or longer, just sitting there and writing
- Because you forgot. You didn’t schedule it in your calendar so it doesn’t exist in your list of work to do
- Because the longer it’s been since your last article, the harder it is to write a new article today because it feels like you have the burden of writing all the future articles on your shoulders too
How You Can Have Fresh Blog Articles Written In Just 15 minutes
Wouldn’t it be great if you could have a new article on your blog every 2 weeks and it only took you 15 minutes?
It’s a new service I’m offering and here is how it works:
1. Dan Necklen or I will call you and interview you for 15 minutes
2. From this interview we’ll write a 200 – 400 word article that has the following 4 components:
- A headline that contains phrases that customers may be searching Google for (this is sooooo important)
- With content that is interesting and puts concepts in layman’s terms (no jargon allowed!)
- With content that demonstrates your leadership in the industry and quality of your service/products (hooray!)
- A call to action (we’ll let your customers know what they must do next)
3. We put the article live once it’s written (crediting you as the author because we interviewed you)
And the coolest thing is, you’ll feel like a rock star being interviewed for e-news!
This is your 15 minutes of fame. Take it.
Awesome! How Much Does It Cost?
The price for this service is $240+gst every 2 weeks. Every 2 weeks you get an new article for your blog.
Imagine if each article could contribute even just one sale worth $2000 sometime over the next 12 months. Imagine getting to the end of a 12 month period with 26 articles that can do that… (that’s like $52k)
Call (07) 575 8799 and we can get started with a 4 session trial.
P.S. Here are 3 examples of articles we’re written: