It must be 9 because last night the Jasmine Thai Restaurant in Tauranga made 8 screw ups:
- The outside signage was so dark and small that half of our party couldn’t find the restaurant when they drove past
- The jugs of water that were served when we arrived were at room temperature. No ice. No lemon.
- Half of our table wasn’t having wine, but the wine glasses were not cleared from the table (a minor point but we needed the space later)
- Half of our party arrived 10 minutes after the first half, but weren’t offered drinks on their arrival
- The waitress took the order of a table that arrived after us
- Instead of reprinting the menus, things were crossed out with a black permanent marker or with a tiny piece of paper and sellotape. For example “fresh” was crossed out for “fresh orange juice”
- The list of mains were numbered (which is tacky in itself, who started that anyway?), but each page of the mains menu started at number 1, so if we wanted number 5 we’d have to say “number 5 on the second page”, or “number 14 on page 3”
- When the waitress came back with our meals she had to ask who ordered what. Is it that hard to remember who ordered what?
However, the food was delicious, fresh and tasty. I have no problem with the chef. But the service was terrible.
How tight-a-ship do you run?
- Do you pay attention to detail in your business?
- Have you let your standards slip over time and hoped that no-one will notice?
- Maybe it’s time for a spring clean?
- Maybe it’s time you got a fresh pair of eyes to look over your business?
- If so, I’m available