Yes, yes, Harvey Norman does sell the latest technology: Plasma TVs, Laptops, Macbooks, Printers, Digital Cameras etc (at awesome prices), but why oh why do they contradict this image with the following:
- Dot matrix printers for printing out your receipt
- A 1990’s website
- With a “splash” page (the home page just has a big photo and link to the rest of the website)
- The navigation is located in 4 different locations (very hard to figure out where you are. Totally unintuitive)
- No open hours (forces you to pick up the phone and ask – that is so 1990’s!)
- No E-commerce (unlike ALL of their competitors: Dick Smith Electronics, Noel Leemings, Bond and Bond)
- No social networking activity at all
- No Facebook page
- No Twitter account
- No Linked-in profile
Perhaps Harvey Norman has people in the marketing department (either here in New Zealand or in head office in Australia) fighting for these changes, but because it is a private company run by an old fuddy-duddy family, they are probably very happy with the way they doing their mass media advertising (radio, TV, flyers every day).
What have I missed?
Write your comments below.