Notice how I said “your world” rather than “the world”.
Can one person change the world?
Well, I do think one person can change 10 people.
And those people can change 10 people each.
And so on.
And perhaps, in that fashion, you can change the world.
But I’m talking about “your world”.
Your world could be:
- Your country
- Your city
- People with an interest in common to you
- Your network
- Your family, your friends
I’m confident you can change #6, and by starting there, you can change all the others.
What Are The 4 Things You Need Before You Can Change Your World?
- You just need to find you are passionate about (passion keeps you going when everyone else quits)
- Find people equally passionate about it and get them to help you (doing it yourself can work too)
- Take the action you need to (taking action moves good ideas into great ideas)
- Never give up. Let nothing stand in your way.
How Can We Change The City of Tauranga Together in 2012?
- Tauranga (including Mount Maunganui & Papamoa of course)
- the Internet
- Web Software / Web Apps / Mobile Apps
- Social Media
- Online Collaboration
- Start-ups / Business Incubators
- Small Business
- Bootstrapping / Investment
- Business Mentoring
And in the last 6 months I have met dozens of people that are passionate about these same things!
But until now, no one person has held all the piece of the puzzle at once.
So in 2012 I’m going to bring all these people and elements together somehow…
Some initial ideas:
- Run a Tauranga version of Start-Up Weekend (perhaps twice)
- Be a mentor at “The Idea Shed” (high school students)
- Help create a Business Incubator in Tauranga
- And help these entrepreneurs from these 3 sources to either:
- bootstrap their business (get it going with zero capital)
- or help them pitch their ideas to local investors
Keen to help?
Then let’s talk: Phone (07) 575 8799.