Are you just about to set up a Business Page on Facebook?
Or have you set one up already but it’s just not generating business for you?
Then this short list of tips will save you some time and help you generate some results.
#1. Don’t sign up for a new Facebook Personal Profile just for the business
- You can always tell when people do this because under the business name it says “Add as Friend” instead of just clicking “Like”
- This introduces strange elements like “Date of Birth” and “Hometown” and “Marriage Status” that just don’t fit. This is because Facebook Personal profiles are for people, not businesses
- The “Add as Friend” process is odd and cumbersome for your Fans. It creates a barrier that you just don’t need
- Also, this is a violation of Facebooks Terms of Service that state that everybody on the planet can have one login only and that each personal profile must be a real person not a business.
- Anyone with a personal Facebook account can set up a business page. If you’re an employee, that’s fine, you won’t be personally identified on the business page, and you can set up additional admins so that when you leave, you can remove your own access and everything still runs smoothly
- If you’ve made this mistake you can convert your Personal Profile to a Facebook Business Page
#2. Ensure your Cover Photo is the right size
- Set your cover photo to exactly 851px by 315px
- If you don’t, then Facebook will do a really bad job of resizing it for you and introduce graininess and “artifacts” around parts of the image (especially any text)
#3. Add a Facebook widget or “Like Box” to your website
- Don’t be tempted to just add a Facebook icon and link, add a whole widget! Facebook calls it the “Like Box“
- Set the widget to show 20+ fans (the more the better)
- The genius of this is that Facebook will automatically show the friends of the person looking at the webpage which will encourage them to “Like” you too. That is “social proof” that makes people think “if my friends have liked these guys, I will too!”
- Turn off the other junk like a stream of message
- This is the easiest way to get Facebook followers
#4. Get a Vanity Url as soon as you can
- A vanity url is a nice clean url like http://www.facebook.com/LoveOneDaySales.co.nz
- You can set yours up once you have 25 “Likes” (or faster if this is your first time)
- Set your Facebook vanity url here
#5. Consider Facebook Advertising/Promotion
- Consider Facebook text-ad advertising. It’s ability to target specific groups of people in your target market is unmatched on the planet. However, people are on Facebook to socialise, not to click on ads so Click-Through-Rates are poor
- Consider promoting one or two of your posts using the $5/$10 promotion button. This can expose your messages to a huge audience
#6. Use Polls for creating engaging content
- Polls work really well for getting people talking about 3 or more choices you set
- Everybody who votes automatically tells all their friends what they’ve done so the word spreads virally
What do you need to make your Facebook Business Page really work for you?
- Do you need help with the initial set up of each your Facebook Business Page?
- Do you need someone who can provide you with advice, strategy, techniques, know-how, shortcuts, tips and tricks on how to use various social media platforms to generate results for your business?
- Do you need training so you can control it all yourself so you don’t need to pay anyone to do it for you?
I know some people who can help with this, so let me know if you’d like to talk to them.