The NZ Cafe Owners network is where cafe owners in a particular city are matched to a cafe owner in a neighbouring city.
They call each other once a fortnight (8pm on a Thursday night) to share marketing ideas to grow their businesses.
- There is no competition because they are in different cities, so they are free to share any, and all, ideas
- They are more likely to take action on the new ideas because they hear about how other owners have implemented them and what results the changes generated
- If the pair run short on ideas to share, they are simply re-matched with a new cafe owner (this is encouraged)
- They work such long hours, they can never find the time to read marketing books or search Google for marketing ideas
- They work so hard inside their business they sorely need an outsiders perspective to identify weaknesses and opportunities and ask challenging questions
- They realise that just providing “great food and great service” isn’t enough these days. That’s just the new baseline minimum that people expect
Sounds pretty awesome, right?
Well, it doesn’t exist, sorry.
It’s just an idea I had the other day.
If you’d like to start providing this service, I suggest the following steps:
- Pitch the idea to 3 cafe’s near you and 3 more in a neighbouring city
- Set appointments for the phonecalls for them and share the phone numbers
- Briefly interview them the next day to see how it went (write down their testimonials)
- Ask them if they are prepared to pay $10/month for the service. And if so, send them an invoice for the first month immediately
All the best!